GaveKal Asian Opportunities Fund
About the Fund
The GaveKal Asian Opportunities Fund is designed to capture the long term returns of Asian equity markets while constraining volatility through tactical asset allocation in Asian bonds, equities and cash.
GaveKal Capital Limited (‘GaveKal’) believes that fundamental market shifts, coupled with the rapid macro-economic growth in Asia, present significant opportunities for skilled fund managers. Since the Asian monetary crisis of the late 1990s, returns on invested capital have typically become more of a focus for the management of Asian companies. In addition, since that time, the dependence of the value of Asian bonds, equities and currencies on global market events has reduced, thereby underlining Asia’s transformation into a more developed market, less reliant on foreign capital to finance its growth.
- Exposure to Asia-Pacific equity and bond markets with the potential to achieve returns with a lower volatility profile than traditional equity
- Portfolio diversification by adding an exposure to the potential benefits associated with economic and corporate expansion in the Asia-Pacific region
- The Fund invests into the GaveKal Asian Opportunities (UCITS) Fund (‘GaveKal Fund’), which has delivered attractive returns since inception.
Why GaveKal Asian Opportunities Fund?
- Exposure to Asia-Pacific equities coupled with the tactical exposure to Asian bonds
- Process combines stock selection and strong regional asset allocation process
- The company is built on a strong research foundation
- Provides concentrated exposure to the Asian growth story and tactically manages risk.